Monday, February 17, 2014

Photo Bites

Well, hello there. I know I haven’t blogged for ages! I have no excuse to offer, but I’d like to give this update anyway. Been trying and exploring new endeavors with my cameras. Things have yet to become blog-worthy.

I have been trying to do outfit posts, but so far, nothing has come out right. Been giving it a lot of thought and I have come to the conclusion that I need to take more pictures than usual.  Surprisingly, my best photo moments are when I’m eating. Somehow, food brings out a certain expression in my eyes (as I have been informed) :-P  And here is proof.

 

Well, with Mom’s help, we managed to take one nice bust shot. I haven’t quite worked out how one’s ‘angles’ are supposed to be in front of a camera, but practicing in front of the mirror seems to give me mixed results. Fashion bloggers do their poses very effortlessly. I have yet to learn to do Outfit of the Day poses and I am sticking to random photography for now.

 

Beverage photographs are pretty hard to master for me, but I did manage to capture the foam on top of my Caramel Macchiato. Scintillating indeed! Just added my usual of two brown sugars and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, and voila! A good cap to a lazy Sunday of shopping.


Took this photo of the beautiful afternoon outside the coffee shop I popped into for a pick-me-up. (It’s beginning to feel like summer!)

Any thoughts on how to improve my pictures? I’d appreciate suggestions on Outfit of the Day poses too.

4 comments:

  1. Nagutom ako sa post mo na 'to! Haha :) For OOTD poses, just keep reading style blogs and pay attention on how they pose. Camille Co in particular taught me a lot through her photos :)

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read Miss Camille Co's blog! It's nice to have found a fellow fan of her style! Thank you for your suggestions on OOTDs, Kyliebabii ! :-D

      Delete
  2. For OOTDs, you need to stand in an open space with a background far away from you to get a focused effect :) Practice makes perfect. You can do it Angel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharina! I have been on the lookout for good background areas. I appreciate the encouragement very much. :-D

      Delete